Build best practices
Configure the DevRev app
- Install Linear and Jira import snap-ins to migrate and sync all your data to DevRev.
- Integrate with GitHub to connect events to your issues, automatically track your work, import issues, and notify reviewers regarding stale PRs.
- Onboard your team on DevRev by inviting users, adding them to groups, and providing users appropriate authorization to perform specific actions.
- Update your customer details on DevRev for effective customer management.
- Customize PLuG to reflect your brand identity.
- Install Slash commands to access specific actions quickly and use DevRev's Turing AI to perform the functions.
- Install Converge support and build snap-in to ensure that customer conversations, support tickets, product enhancements, and development issues are always in sync.
Manage development work
- Create issues for your developers to work on.
- Capture significant changes to your product by creating enhancements and keep track of them in the roadmap.
- Launch your completed enhancements by updating the stage to Limited availability for beta release or General Availability.
- Promote your enhancement to become a feature or capability or merge it into an existing part.
- Create and save custom vistas to track issues that matter to you by applying filters. You can also share them with your team members.
- Create and save a custom roadmap to track enhancements of your product by applying filters. Share custom roadmap with key stakeholders to drive alignment.
Plan your work
Trails: Set up a hierarchical structure of your products, capabilities, and features as perceived by your customers.
Sprint boards: You can create sprint boards in the following ways:
- You can create a sprint board from any part. Select issues that you would like to assign to a sprint from Backlog.
- Click Product > Parts and select the part that you want to create a sprint for. Then, click Sprint Boards to create a new sprint. Sprint cycles are 2 weeks by default, but you can customize the duration.
Now, Next, Later: Now, Next, Later is a continuous planning approach that allows you to prioritize work in a more intuitive way.
When creating an issue, you can categorize it under the following buckets:
Now: What is currently being executed.
Next: Estimate of what will be worked on within a specific timeframe.
Backlog/Later: Prioritised issues expected to be committed to in a later timeframe.
Triage: Triage is a process to prioritize work items (issues or tickets) based on severity, risk, and frequency of occurrence. It's a collaborative effort between stakeholders like Customer Success, Support, PMs, and Engineering Leads.
You can view issues according to their stage in the DevRev app under Build > Now, Next, Later